Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Reflection

Through the various workshops that I participated in I feel that I have gained more knowledge and skills to communicate ideas in various forms.

The first workshop I did was the Architectural Drawing workshop. The in-class activities were quick and easy tasks which encouraged us to allocate time logically and efficiently, not dwelling on minor tasks excessively. With the major presentation drawings I came to understand the difference between construction drawings and presentation drawings which presented a bit of confusion even till the end. The final challenge of the task was to learn how to personalise common drawings and images which I find is very opinionated in the successfulness of the approaches.

In Fluid Thoughts to Actions I found this workshop more enjoyable and fun which I think was a side from the more visual art nature of it was because of the collaborative tasks. Working in groups allowed for the flow of ideas and different ways of thinking and approaches to working together. The workshop focused on understanding the way light effected form and the ever presence of change and so I feel that I understand and appreciate more of what light and shadows do and can act as in drawings.

Lastly was Material Modelling. I find that this workshop really plays more practical, architecturally speaking. I think it focused more on problem solving as we looked at different ways to construct different forms such as scoring. Then using these crafting methods to express ideas and concepts. I enjoyed it very much although careful precision in cutting and gluing played on nerves as it became time consuming. Being more of a 'drawing' person as suggested by my first two workshop selections I am quite intrigued by how I seem to feel more a liking to this workshop than to the others. Which I assume is due to the practical and three dimensional aspects and qualities that seem to appeal.

Overall I seem to appreciate more the different ways of communication and its importance not only in architecture but also in many other professions and everyday situations.

2 comments:

惠萍茂鴻 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.